Thursday, January 12, 2012

December 1, 2011 - Hola familia!


Hey family!
That sounds like you guys had a lot of fun at Grandma's in Moab!  I was thinking about you guys all day.  Thanksgiving was actually pretty cool here I guess.  At night they gave us all popcorn and the whole mtc watched "17 Miracles" and it was awesome! If you haven't seen it you should.  I wish I could have gone over to texas gulf and kens lake with you guys. what an adventure!!  Hey so I got the package with the ties in it mom, is that the one you were talking about?  because I got that one and then you said Lacy was going to send another one?  I'm confused a little no worries though.  Anyways some news going here is I'm no longer District Leader! Usually we are only it for 3 weeks and thats what I expected.  Its so nice not having to worry about all that stuff.  My companion is the new district leader which is great because now he actually wants to be a little bit more obedient!  But only a little bit. We are doing pretty good but he still drives me crazy. hahaha  At least we can teach together well now.  My spanish is coming alright I guess, nothing special thats for sure.  Its always a challenge to speak it but I think as soon as I get in Argentina I'll do better because quite frankly I don't have a choice. haha  Only 2 and half more weeks to go!  I'm so excited!!  Not that the MTC is bad because its really a cool place but a change of scenery would be nice.  We had to say good bye to my roommates this monday and that was tough.  One of them asked me to give him a blessing, that was really a cool experience.  I was so jealous that they were leaving.  The good thing is though now my companion and I have the room to ourselves.
 
Okay a story really quick...so I was sitting down at breakfast on sunday and we were talking to these elders and one says to me "wait you are elder Peck too?"  I was like yeah I am and I looked to my left and there was another Elder Peck sitting right by me!  Turns out he was related to Martin Horton Peck too!!! How crazy!!  I mean what were the chances that we would sit right by each other?? The lunch room is huge too!! I read that story of Martin Horton Peck by the way and what a guy!!  He is inspirational thats for sure.  Anyways that was pretty cool.   Also some other news is Jessica Ferguson is in my zone!!  That means I'll see her a lot! I haven't had a chance to talk to her yet because she just got here yesterday but still!  I mean the chances of her being in my zone were way slim.  Just so you know how big a zone is, there are about 4-5 districts in a zone  and each district is about 6-10 missionaries. 
 
And hey you guys don't need to get me anything from Christmas! for real!  There is one thing I kinda do want though... and that would be "Jesus the Christ" in scripture form not just the book. I've been reading that lately and it is so awesome! You could even use my money to get it!  But really I don't need anything! I think I'm going to send some stuff home that I don't need but maybe not.  Could you look at my bank account and tell me how much money I have in there?? I can't really check it here and I've kinda spent some money since I've been here.  I had to pay like $50 for one of my shots when I first got here but it was no big deal because I had some money from Mike that he gave me.  And thanks so much for paying for my mission!  This is the best investment for me right now.  thanks so much!  i can't thank you enough.  I miss you all like crazy and think about you all every single day!  I love hearing from you and if I could I would write back to you everyday!  Just know how much I love and miss you guys! I'm doing great though so no worries!!!!  Well take care! Thanks for the prayers!
 
Love Elder Peck

No comments:

Post a Comment