Thursday, January 12, 2012

November 24, 2011 - Happy Thanksgiving!!!!!!!! Love you all!!!

Hey Family! 
Happy Thanksgiving!!!! I'm going to be able to e-mail ya today! First off thanks for the ties and package, that was awesome!! I love my new ties there are way nice too. Also thanks for that hair stuff! I may need you to send me a few more in a few weeks so I'll have some down there if thats alright!! I'll let ya know... And mom they aren't the same ties I already had. :) Thanks so much for all of the letters though they were so nice! I got like all of them on tuesday it was great. The dearelder printer was down or something monday so I didn't get any dearelders until the end of Tuesday. And mom how dearelder works is they print off all the dearelders each night on a big paper so sometimes I have like 3 letters on one big paper. they are so nice though. I look forward to go pick them up at the mailbox. Dearelder will work when I'm in Argentina too but they will have to print it off here in Utah and then send a whole bunch of them at once in Argentina at the end of the week I believe. Also I should be able to call at one of my layovers before I head down to Argentina so I don't know quite when that will be. I will get my travel plans a week and half before I go so I will e-mail you then with all the information. I can't wait to talk and hear from all of you! then I get to call you a week later haha. I got an e-mail from Elder Mclaws (My friend going to the same mission) and he sent me all these cool pictures of him there. They look so cool! I'm so pumped to go now! He said we will have clean water to drink there so that is always good. He says its not that bad but definitely not like the MTC. The MTC is pretty nice so its okay. My roommates are leaving Monday for the Resistencia Argentina mission (The same one as Elder Stout). I'm sad to see them leave but that means I'm only 3 weeks away! It kinda scares me because I don't know Spanish at all! I've been speaking a lot more though and its helping a little bit. Its coming slowly but surely. I teach like 2 lessons a day in Spanish just about. Its a challenge but thats why I'm here to learn and grow as well as help others. I really love learning here its just so nice. Sometimes my district is way loud so it makes it hard to study but I think we are getting better I hope. My companion and I are starting to get along better. I think I'm only district leader until sunday because usually you are only district leader for 3 weeks so I'll see if they switch me out. I kinda hope they do so the other elders in my district can have the experience. Its been a challenge as district leader just because sometimes i have to be the bad guy and say no to stuff or tell people to get on task and stuff. It has definitely been good though. I'm getting more comfortable talking in front of people now which is a blessing. Everyday I'm out of my comfort zone but thats the way it should be. I already feel like I'm a different person than I was when I got here. Its really kind of a weird feeling but good at the same time. I'm pretty comfortable with the schedule and everything here. I saw 2 elders kind of play wrestling this week and it made me so homesick for wrestling. I want to wrestle so bad its killing me! I would pay money to wrestle at this point. haha Dad have you ever heard of the knee knocker?? What about the triangle choke?? Just curious. Anyways some of the highlights this week is I have been able to hear from 2 apostles! On tuesday Elder D. Todd Christofferson spoke to us and then this morning I was able to hear from Elder Russell M. Nelson!! Its cool being so close to them and being able to see them. There is nothing like hearing them speak. Well I hope you are having a great Thanksgiving family tell everyone hi! Its really weird not being with you guys but I hope you know how much I love and miss you guys! You are my motivation and I really appreciate the prayers! I love you guys and tell hi for me to everyone. Tell Grandma Linda thanks so much for the cards too those make my day! Happy thanksgiving!
Love, Elder Peck
P.S. I'm going to try and send some pictures home if I can this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment