Thursday, January 12, 2012

December 26, 2011 - Mom and Dad!!

Mi mamá y papá!!!

Hey first off I want to tell you how much I love you guys and loved hearing and seeing all the familiar faces! I don´t know if you heard me say it but i love you guys so much! It was so hard to get off of skype to say good bye. For real. It hurt so bad!  My companion cried too when he said good bye as well. Entonces todo bien.  (all good).  I wanted to tell you more stuff but the people I was staying with were right there and could hear us.  I don´t think they understand English really, probably not at all but still.  Its really different here but I really like it.  I honestly feel like I´m camping though sometimes.  My pension (apartment) is way ghetto. haha  There is a crack over our door and we can see outside.  Its not horrible but a lot worse than anything in the USA. We sleep on 2 old mattresses on the kitchen floor.  I just sleep in my sleeping bag.  I feel really bad because I forgot my camera so I can´t send pictures today but hopefully next time for sure.  The food here is a little different than I expected.  Its a little more bland with lots of eggs. I hope I can learn to like them or something that would make my life a lot easier.  People are pretty kind here and so its okay if I don´t eat them I think.  And I got some big news!!  I drank Soda here!!!!  I did it on Christmas eve.  I forgot to tell you yesterday!  People keep offering it to me all the time so I figured it was a good occasion and that the soda is probably safer to drink than the water.  it was so nice drinking pop again. I forgot how nice it is with all the bubbles.  But yeah its a lot different here than America thats for sure.  The houses here are pretty crappy except for a few.  I think their attitude is like if it works, use it.  Because their houses are way missmatched with brick, tin, wood, and whatever they can find.  Everything is a lot more dirtier too with trash everywhere.  I think I´m getting over being clean here because I have no other choice.  Its so weird to think how far away I am from home.  Its like a different world away but I know this is where I need to be.  I think i´ll be home before you know it. And an update with my spanish: I can´t talk!  I can understand probably 50 percent but its so hard to say what I want.  The accent is really strange here.  Its like an italian accent in Spanish.  I don´t know how to describe it.  I know in time though I will be able to speak it.  i´ll just keep trying every day.But thats basically whats going on here.  If you have any questions let me know!  Well I love you guys so much and so does Dios (God)!  Keep being strong and I hope we can all go through the temple when I get back! Its so important!  I just love being able to serve the Lord every single day and spread the gospel. Its the best!  Well i´m so proud to have you guys as my parents and i love you so much!!! Take care and tell hi to Jenny and uncle zach and his family and everyone else!  Sorry this letter is random but I just wanted to get my thoughts out as fast as I could.  Entonces queiro ustedes saben que pienso ustudes estan el mejor padres en el mundo! (I want you to know that i think you guys are the best parents in the world!)  Thats for the support here! Take care and i hope you flight home went well! 

Con amor, 
Elder Peck 

No comments:

Post a Comment