Wednesday, December 19, 2012

June 19, 2012 - Thanks for everything!!!


Mom and Dad!
 
Hey you guys are the best!!! I opened up the packages I got from you guys and grandma and grandpa.  I love everything you got me! The ties, peanut butter, cups, gummy snacks, pictures of Christ, and the pencil refils!! Everything I needed!  And can you thank grandma and grandpa peck for the tie and blankets?? I love the blow up tie they gave me and I am totally wearing that next district meeting. haha  Also I have been thinking about taking my raft out to the lake all week! I can´t wait to use it.
 
Well I had quite the birthday experience here this week.  I´ll start with the begining, in the morning after opening my packages we studied and went out and worked in the morning and then for lunch we ate at a members house but I didn´t tell them it was my birthday. I didn´t really want to tell them.  But anyways after we went to the church and prepared everything for a BAPTISM!!!!!  We filled up the font and everything.  Then we went back to our pension to change..  Anyways on my birthday I had the opertunity to baptize this 19 year old kid named Cristian Contana.  It was seriously so awesome!!  He is such a stud and was really hesitant to get baptized at first but we baptized his sisters and his parents are members.  But anyways it was kind of like baptizing one of my friends.  I was super excited.
 
Anyways after the awesome baptism we changed and everything to do some service because we had ward conference sunday and anyways I guess the tradition here is when its your birthday they throw eggs at you and throw flour all over ya and I wasn´t an exception...I knew it was coming but still I got eggs smashed on my head and flour thrown on me hahahaha.  I will try to send some pictures. It was pretty funny.  I definitely won´t forget my birthday here. haha 
 
Then after cleaning the church up really good I went over to Cristian´s house because his mom wanted to have a cake and stuff for my birthday and for Cristina too.  So we went over there and she made pizza and empinadas and they gave me a cake and everything!!!  It was really cool and they gave me a trick candle I couldn´t blow out.  It was pretty cool.  I felt really good and loved.  Its a pretty awesome ward.  Oh yeah my branch is now a ward!  So yeah thats pretty cool.  I have never eaten so much food in my life this weekend by the way.
 
Then on sunday (yesterday) Teresa, the lady I baptized, made me a cake as well and they all signed a card for me.  So that was pretty cool again.  It was definitely not the birthday I am used to but I had a good time.  It was weird not having Lacy there with me to celebrate it!  I felt like its not only my birthday! haha  I did miss the usual pancakes in the morning and beeing sung to in swedish but its alright I guess for now. haha  I thought about you guys a lot on my birthday as well.
 
Anyways thats a brief overview of what happened for my birthday.  Well yeah things are going good and I am getting alone well with my companion so thats always a good thing!  He´s from Paraguay, 26 years old, recent convert, 20 months in the mission and likes to clean our pension really good. 
 
Well I hope everything is going well! Well I better go and thanks again for everything for my birthday.  Take care and I love and miss you guys!!! :D
con amor x 26 zillion,
Elder Peck

No comments:

Post a Comment