Wednesday, December 19, 2012

June 25, 2012 - Week 30 something!


Mom and Dad,
Hey wow guys it sounds like you are keeping pretty busy! Mom thanks for that quote from the Prophet! I love that quote.  Its in Preach my Gospel and its one of my favorites and really comforting.  And what a cool story from Brock. What a stud.  I can´t believe he is about to come home in August. I can remember when he left.  And Dad it sounds like you are tearing it up in Arkanasas with Michael.  I wish I could go back there so bad and see everything.  Arkansas sounds like quite the place.  Maybe when I get home I can go check it out.  Oh and did you activate my debit card by chance???
This last week has been pretty good.  I didhave the oppertunity to eat some crazy food this week.  First the awesome lady named Teresa cooked up this cow stomach stuff which didn´t look too good.  Its like white with weird looking texture like the sucion cup on an octopus and on man the smell was horrible.  she is like you probably won´t like it and you don´t have to eat it if you don´t want to.  So anyways I took one bite and my gosh it was one of the grossest things I have eaten.  I was so strong and I couldn´t do it.  She was really nice about it and laughed luckily.  She has other food prepared so it was all good.  Then the next day we go to lunch and the lady cooks up cow heart!  I was like wow I have the craziest luck this week...  So I decided to try and to be honest it was actually pretty good!!  I didn´t mind it and actually ate more of it.  Its kind of weird and if you think about it too much its kind hard to eat. But not too bad.  But yeah that was interesting. 
Things are going pretty good here in Fabian Onsari.  Its pretty cool because there are a lot of paraguayans here and my companion can speak in Guareny perfectly and so a lot of the time he talks in Guareny with them.  Some of them don´t know spanish very well so he talks to them in Guareny.  I just listen but I don´t understand what hes saying.  Some words are simillar to spanish but the majority no.  Its kind of fun to listen to though.  Also here there are people from Africa that sell like watches and stuff and one day we were talking to the guy and he told us that he speaks french in Africa where he lives.  It was kind of interesting.  He was a nice guy but he didn´t know a ton of spanish.  Its an interesting place.
This last Saturday we were in our church and all of a sudden I heard like a ton of gun shots and I was like what in the world is going on!? I thought maybe there was a gun fight or something.  There was so many gun shots.  Turns out a soccer team had won and everyone was just celebrating. haha Gotta love it.
Today for P day I went out to lunch at this pizza place with some other elders.  I was with an elder who actually sat next to me on the plane on the ride over here to Argentina.  It was cool to talk about everything that has happened since we have been here.  Can you believe I have been in Argentina already for 6 months???  Wow time flies when you are having fun I guess. haha 
Anyways everything is going here I guess!!  Well I love you guys a ton!! I hope everything is going well I wish you all the best!!!   Hasta luego!! :D
con amor x 64 zillion
Elder Peck

No comments:

Post a Comment