Wednesday, December 19, 2012

May 7, 2012 - I will be talking to you in a week!!


Mom and Dad!!
I get to talk to you sunday!!! I am so excited!!  I miss you guys a ton! Thanks for all the stuff you are sending and for finding that collapsable cup! I know it sounds kind of weird but I have been thinking how nice it would be to have down here.  And I am really curious what the big box thing is?! haha You guys shouldn´t have gotten me anything! I have arlready recieved so much!
Also Dad I remember how fun that trip was to Virginia and Bush Gardens!   We are going to definitely do some more stuff when I get back!  Mom you need to come to bush gardens with us!  I have been missing Peck hollow and the mountains to be honest.  It is so flat here and I haven´t seen a mountain since I have gotten here.  I just want to run up a hill or something.
Okay for this week in Argentina...Well this Wednesday we had intercambiars (exchanges)  so I got to be with an Elder from Nevada for the day and got to spend the night in their pension and everything.  It was soooo awesome!!!  He is actually a younger Elder than me in the mission so it was kind of crazy for us 2 just to be on our own.  It felt good though and I felt okay with my spanish.  It felt so nice talking in English again.  I started losing my voice because I wasn´t used to talking that much.   Also they have a walmart in their area and I went in it!  After 6 months I finally got to go in a walmart! haha It was huge and felt kind of like the united states but definitely different!  They had peanut butter there but it was way expensive and it was like a knock of brand.  But still it was way cool to be in there for some reason.  I had a good visit there.  I love intercambiars so much! I didn´t want to go back ha.
Now for some more exciting news!  We had 2 baptisms this Saturday!!  Their names are Teresa and Glaribel.  Teresa is like 45 to 50ish and I got to baptize her!!  I was really excited to baptize her but I was scared I was going to mess up her name.  Her full name is Maria Teresa Librada Rivarola.  But everything went fine so it was good.  And so the next day right before sacrement when we confirm them she asked if I would confirm her!!  Usually its the branch president or his councilers that do it and its in front of the whole ward!  And so I had to hurry and figure out what I needed to say in spanish and then like 10 minutes they called us up and I confirmed her a member of la Iglesia de Jesucristo de los Santos de los Últimos días.  Talk about nerve racking!!  It went well I think but holy cow I was so nervous to give her a blessing in front of our whole branch (100 people were there).  My legs were shaking but it went well.  It was my first real blessing in spanish. I always anoint with the oil but never the blessing.  It was quite the experience.  But yeah that has been my week!
Well  I am super excited to talk to you guys this week and I really hope everything works out!  I will talk to you one way or the other!!  Well I love and miss you guys so much and I wish you the best!!  I can´t wait to see your faces and hear your voices!  Hasta luego! :D
con amor X 47 zillion,
Elder Luke Peck

No comments:

Post a Comment