Tuesday, July 23, 2013

July 9, 2012 - Happy 9th of July!! (Its a holiday here)

Mom and Dad!!!

Hey guys hows it going!? I really enjoyed your pictures you guys sent!  The backyard looked really good dad! Those pictures made me really miss home.  I showed my companion and he thought it looked really good as well. And dad thats too bad about Buddy running off like that.  He is such a stubborn dog sometimes.  Bessie is a sweetheart though.  I miss my dogs especially compared to the diseased dogs here.  There are so many messed up dogs here its crazy.  I would hate to get bit by one of them. And Mom thats pretty exciting you get to teach the relief society class!! You are going to do great!!  One of our new converts that I got to baptize got a calling in the primary and had to teach the class and she was sooooooo nervous but she did a great job I think.  I will pray for ya thats for sure.  That used to be one of my biggest fears about going to church was having to teach a class or talk but now I feel like that would be kind of fun in a way..haha.

Well this last week was a little bit different than normal but good I think.  On Wednesday we had entercambiars and I went with Elder Preece again. He´s a transfer younger than me and so I was like the senior companion in my area with him.  We were excited to teach except we both went into the villa together and we were a little nervous but nothing happened.   Elder Preece is from elko, Nevada.  And when we went to switch back my companion decided to go see the doctor with my district leader so Elder Preece and I spent another day together.  So it was like 2 days speaking English together.  We got to spend 4th of july together as well (I thought about you all day mom!).  It was kind of fun being in charge and I taught this lady for the first time and she seemed pretty excited and i invited her to be baptized in August and she said yeah if she feels like its the right thing to do.  It was pretty exciting though.  I like entercambiars a lot because we get to work with different people.

Today is a holiday here in Argentina, its like our 4th of july.  We had both wards combined for like a super activity and it went really well! There was a lot of people that came too.  I was kind of bummed out that it was going to be on p day but it turned out to be a ton of fun and I played so much soccer.  I scored some goals too which was fun.  They play so good down here so sometimes its boring because they are so good and you can´t do much but today was a lot of fun.  The other elders from my district came as well and they are all American too so its kind of nice to speak in English with them.  It was funny though because they served us this Argentine food that I guess is a tradition here and it wasn´t too bad.  Also when we were all together they sang the national athem of Argentina and all of us Americans didn´t know what to do because we don´t know the words and we´re Americans hahaha.  But it was a really fun activity and I am already sore from playing so much soccer today.

Sorry if that doesn´t make sense what i just wrote because I wrote it really fast because we are kind of writing late today.  Hey Dad are watching the Tour de France?? I always think about it going and not being able to watch it. haha  Anyways we have transfers next monday so we will see what is going to happen!!  I am a little nervous to see what happens.  I really love the people in this ward and all the youth are such studs here.  I guess we´ll just have to wait to see what happens.

Well I better go but I love you guys a ton!!!  Thanks for the pictures and for your letters! And mom I hope you enjoyed your birthday!!   I have the best parents in the whole wide world without a doubt.  Love you guys and I´ll talk to ya in a week! :D

con amor X 68 zillion!


Elder Luke Peck

No comments:

Post a Comment