Tuesday, July 23, 2013

January 21, 2013 - It´s hot down here!‏

Mom and Dad!!

Hey guys thats for your letters this week.  Like always it was great to here from you guys!  People always ask where I am from and I tell them Utah and if they don´t know where thats at I just say I live by Las Vegas and they are like No way!!  Whats it like there?  Its always pretty funny.  Also I can´t wait to baptize Jayden and Payten that will be awesome!!

Dad it sounds like you are keeping super busy with school and everything and I am glad it was at least a little bit better this week.  And I was thinking I will probably have to take that math 1040 class or at least it would be helpful.  I have forgotten all the math I have learned and hopefully it will come back fast.  It scares me to think about going to school and stuff again and Dixie would be sweet.  I´ll have to see what happens.

This week was kind of crazy...We had to go to the hospital this week because my companion has some minor problem and he felt like he needed to go so we went and it turned out to be nothing.  Then he was cooking one night and burnt his hand on the steam and so I gave him some aloe vera and stuff and we went to bed.  Then he woke me up at 1:00 and said it was hurting so bad that he wanted to throw up and that he couldn´t sleep.  I was like ah man are you serious??  He was like we have to go to the hospital and stuff like that.  I was like its 1:00 in the morning and if you really want to go we can. I gave him some neosporin which says is for burns too.  Then I put some more aloe vera on his hand and told him to put it in front of the fan to cool it off and try to sleep.  So he calmed down and went to sleep.  Then he woke up in the morning and it felt better.

Also this week we had interviews with President Stapley and he really is such an awesome guy.  He shined all of our shoes for us.  I thought that was super neat of him and just showed what kind of guy he is.  He didn´t say anything, he just shined them for us.   He really has so much love for us here.  He always gives me so much good advice and everything and I always enjoy his interviews.

Also this last saturday we had a baptism!!! I was super pumped!!!  It was for a guy named Dario and he actually was a cyclist and stuff.  I have been teaching him for the last month and I had the opportunity to baptize him.  Its always such a cool feeling to be in the font all in white and be able to perform something so important like baptism.  Everything went fairly smoothly too with the baptism and then he was confirmed the following day.  I will still be teaching him for a little longer too.

Thanks so much for the package you are sending! The only things I can think of is like maybe 2 tootbrushes or so and I think I should be good for the rest of my mission!  Thats crazy to think about.  A lot of my missionary buddies here in the mission are starting to go home and its starting to freak me out a little bit to be honest.  Elder Griffin goes home in April!  Well thanks so much for all you do for me and I hope you guys have a great week!  Thanks for all your love and support because I really appreciate it!  Well take care!  ¡Hasta luego!

con amor x 124 zillion!

Elder Peck

No comments:

Post a Comment