Tuesday, July 23, 2013

May 20, 2013 - Its getting cold down here!

Hey Mom and Dad!!!

Dad thats soo cool you are in Arkansas right now!! I am so glad that you didn´t ride your bike down there because that could have been bad I think.  That sounds pretty scary. Hopefully you make it back alright too.  Thats really cool Mike and his family sang you happy birthday!  And I was just telling my companion the other day how bad I miss your pancakes and waffles.  They sound so good right about now.

It was good talking to you guys a week ago and made me think about you guys a lot during the week.  Its probably a good thing we only call a few times a year!  Its crazy to think the next time I see you I will be home!  Elder McLaws is going home in 2 weeks and maybe he will go see you guys!  That would be cool.  This week we did intercambios with the asistants so Elder McLaws stayed the night in my pension while he went out with my companion and I went out with another elder from California.  It was pretty fun and I learned a lot.  Then the next day we all didn´t have lunch (becaue we usually eat with the members) so we ate at an all you can eat meat buffet.  I had so much meat.  It was really good and I stuffed myself.  The meat down here is so good.

This week it started to get super cold here.  The weather here changes soo fast its crazy.  For example we had to go to another area to go do a baptismal interview and we went in short sleeve shirts and it wasn´t too cold and then we finished the interview and it was raining and freezing.  It was getting kind of late so the buses stopped running where we were at and so we started walking in the cold rain and a bus came by and I think he had pity on us and let us in.  The bus wasn´t in service but he just let us on with him.  We talked to the guy a bit and he was joking with us a little bit.  Really nice guy though.  It was kind of a tender mercy for us because it would have been a long cold walk.  Then we had to wait at the train station to go back to our area.  But yeah ever since that day it has been pretty cold.  I have had to wear my big jacket and everything.  I don´t really like the cold that much. I miss the st. george heat.

Yesterday we had 3 baptisms for 3 little kids which was pretty cool.  Their names are Nahuel, Rocio, and Benjamin.  It was nice little baptism and their families came to support to which was good.  Also during the week we had interviews with President Stapley which are always good.  Hes a good guy and I think that is going to be my last interview from him because he leaves next month. Thats so weird that he is already leaving!!  We will be getting the new president pretty soon. 

Today for P day I just went shopping with my companion.  We went to a lot of cool little stores and he bought a lot of stuff before he leaves.  He goes home in 2 weeks which is so crazy.  Its hard to imagine that he going to be gone.  I will have to take over the area here which is going to be kind of a challenge because its soo big but it will be alright.  Hopefully everything works out alright.  There was some changes in my zone and basically one of our district leaders had to have an emergency transfer and so my companion and I have to do his job as a district leader but its alright.  So basically we are zone leaders and district leaders.  

Everything is going good here though!  I hope that you guys are doing well. I found the letters you gave me when I entered the MTC and it brought back a lot of memories.  That seems like a lifetime ago.  It was good reading them though.  Well I love and miss you guys soo much! You guys are the best.  I´ll talk to you in a week!! Hasta luego! :D

con amor x 158 zillion,

Elder Peck

No comments:

Post a Comment