Tuesday, July 23, 2013

April 2, 2013 - ¡Feliz Pascua!

Hey Mom and Dad!!

Happy Easter yesterday!!! It didn´t really feel like Easter at all yesterday but it was alright.  I hope you guys had a good one!  Dad thats too bad about your hand still being messed up.  I hope that they figure something out.  That hurts super bad I am sure.  I hope your hand gets feeling better and that you are going to be alright.  I will be praying for you for sure though. I hope that you will be able to go shooting when I get back too!!

Things are going pretty good here in La cumbre where i am at.  We had kind of a tough week because all of our appointments kept falling through...It was alright though and we kept working and then on Sunday (yesterday)  all of our hard work kind of payed off.  We had like 7 investagators in church which is a lot compared to normal.  We were super excited. Also a new investagator came and we ended up going and talking to him after church.  We invited him to be baptized and he said Yes!!  Still we will have to see because a lot of time they say yes and then they don´t do much but his brother and brother in law are members so I think that will help him.  We were pretty excited about it.

Also this week we got new cell phones in all of the mission so that was pretty cool.  Now we have a motorola cell phone which is a lot nicer compared to our other one.  But somehow we have one of those songs that plays when someone calls. So if someone calls they hear a song instead of the normal beeping sound.  And turns out its like some love song so its kind of funny.  The sister missionarys  have to call me to check in at night and they think its hilarious and to be honest its kind of funny.  I don´t know how to take it off though so we´ll see what happens haha.

Also we found out that now we have 15 minutes extra minutes to write our friends emails now.  Its kind of cool but I am not sure if I am going to have a lot of time to write very many friends. But don´t worry I will always write you guys first!!  You guys are the number 1 priority.  

To be honest I don´t have a lot to report on this week except that we talked to a lot of people in the street this week which is always fun.  Its kind of fun just going up to whoever and start talking to them.  Sometimes its a little intimidating but its not too hard anymore.  I have had a lot of interesting talks in the streets.  Its cool though because pretty much everyone knows about us and has heard a little bit.  Its like the people are being prepared little by little to accept the gospel. There are definitely people who try to say all this stuff against us sometimes but they are always super confused.  For the most part we can always answer their questions though haha.  The spirit definitely helps us to know what to say though thats for sure.  I love being a missionary.

Right now in my mission we have a goal to read the book of mormon in 90 days!  I have read like 7 chapters so far but I think its going to be a super cool experience.  I love reading the book of mormon and so its going to be sweet to read it like this.  I will let you know how it goes.

Today for P day we just went to a place to eat.  Here it has been the "semana santa"  or "holy week" or something like that and so everything has been closed which is kind of annoying.  There are like random stores open.  Luckily we found this computer place open.  

Well thanks so much for writing me and hope that you guys have an awesome week!  Thanks for being the best parents ever!!  I am so lucky to have you guys.  Love you mom and Dad!!  Take care!!

con amor x 144 zillion,

Elder Peck

No comments:

Post a Comment