Tuesday, July 23, 2013

September 3, 2012 - Still living it up in Argentina‏

Mom and Dad!
 
Wow I miss you guys a ton! I am so jealous that you guys got to go to Moab.  I would absolutely love to see that place.  That seriously seems so far away. Well I guess it is pretty far away.  I would love to see the La Sal mountains right now.  Actually to be honest I would love to see any mountain right about now.  I haven´t seen like a real hill in sooo long.  Everything here is just flat.  Sounds like you guys had quite the trip though! I am glad you could go have a fun time there.
 
Well I officially completed my first week as senior companion.  It is quite the change but to be honest it is soo much better I think.  I feel like finally I can work the way I want to work. My companion is a cool little chilean kid.  He just turned 19 yesterday and everyone keeps on asking how old he is.  He doesn´t mind though.  But yeah we have been working on finding a lot more people and have been going to a lot of new houses.  Its kind of fun trying to talk to new people.  We just clap the houses and hope that we can share something with them.  Some people are kind of mean but we don´t really let it get to us.  Some are nice and will listen.  We have enjoyed finding new people.  There is definitely a lot more pressure now though because all of the problems go to me and I am in charge on all the stuff we do and what we teach.  But its all good thats how I like it I guess. 
 
Well I have more exciting news about the temple!  So this Friday we get to listen to President Eyring and Elder Ballard and Elder Christofferson.  I think I may have told ya but we are all way excited.  Then this Saturday we all get to go to the redidecation ceremony thing and we are all going to enter singing Called to Serve in spanish.  Its going to be sweet.  Its going to be the Buenos Aires North, West, and South missions so there will be about 600 missionarys.  Maybe there is a way you can watch or something on the internet? I don´t know but I am seriously so excited for it.  Then Sunday we get to go watch the redidication.  I feel so lucky to be here during all of this.  Its going to be a really special experience for sure.
 
This last weekend I have been feeling a little sick but not to bad but I hope I will feel 100% for this weekend. I feel a little bit better though and played a little bit of soccer today as well.  Then we tought the kids in my ward how to play ultimate frisbee and we all played.  They all seemed to really like it.  It was fun actually playing ultimate frisbee again. That was the first time since I have been here. 
 
Well next week hopefully I will be able to tell you about everything that happens with the temple!!!  Well I love you guys so much and I hope you are doing well! I miss you guys a ton.  Have an awesome week for me!! :D
 
con amor x 84 zillion,
Elder Peck

No comments:

Post a Comment