Tuesday, July 23, 2013

April 22, 2013 - Todavia estoy vivo.

Mom and Dad!!!

Hey guys!  Thats super crazy about the bombing at the boston marathon!  I never heard about anything.  Also I sure hope Louiston is doing alright.  I bet that was so hard for Mike and his family but it sounds like everything is going alright.  Dad I sure hope your hand starts to get better and then everything works out alright.  And mom tell Shayley hi for me!  

Well this has been kind of a crazy week...This last tuesday I had to teach my district and then I did intercambios with an Elder from Riverton, Utah.  He is super cool and we had a lot of fun.  I love doing intercambios to switch things up a little bit. Also on Saturday we had a baptism for 2 little kids named Jazmin and Yerson.  I baptized jazmin and it was super cool!!  Being in the baptismal font I was thinking wow this is really the best feeling and I felt really blessed to be apart of this work.  It was a really neat experience and I could feel the spirit strong.

My companion baptized Yerson and the funny thing is he forgot to take out his camera from his pocket and it got all wet.  I think its broken because its still not working.  But it was a nice little baptism and I really enjoyed it.

Later in the day there was an activity in the church and as I was sitting and listening to the lesson thing our phone rang and it was President Stapley!  I answered it and he told me that he was calling me to be a zone leader!!!  I was like what??  I have only been a district leader for 1 transfer!!  But so that meant I was leaving my area.  I was pretty sad to leave but it was kind of time to leave because I had been there over 6 months.  In church I had to give my testimony in sacrement meeting and I cried in front of everyone and so did some of the members too.  It was a pretty sad good bye to everyone to be honest.  I will miss them so much.  After church I went and had an Argentine BBQ called an asado. It was sooo good.  Then I went around saying good bye to everyone.  It was really hard because who knows when I am going to be able to see them again..  I will miss the people and that area so much. It really is like holy ground for me.

So last night I had to pack all of my stuff which was kind of a pain.  I got everything to fit but only barely.  I went to bed at like 12:15 and then I had to wake up at like 5 and head up to transfer meeting.  I was happy to go to transfer meeting to go see everyone because Elder smoot my old district leader and Elder Griffin were heading home.  It was soo weird seeing them sitting in front with everyone.  They gave their testimonies and Elder Griffin cried in his.  They are seriously soo cool and I really hope you can see them some day.  Elder Smoot´s parents were there too.  One of the missionary´s going home was giving his testimony in front of everyone and then he like paused and he´s like and those are my parents and we looked and his parents were just entering the chapel to pick him up.  It was  so funny and I can´t even imagine how that would be.  As soon as they finished with the testimonies he like ran to them.  It was pretty cool to see.  It made me miss you guys.

So anyways my new area is called Alejandro Korn and my companion´s name is Elder Talbot.  He is from California.  I am super pumped to work here.  Also Elder Preece is going to be a disrict leader in my zone so I will be seeing him a lot as well!!  On the way though both of my suit case handles broke... Its kind of a pain and I will see what I can do.  I am going to try and fix them I think.  Also I got your package!!  Thanks so much for the journal and jerky! Right now I am wearing the belt which is super cool!!

But yeah it has been quite the week thats for sure and I am like exhausted right now.  Well I better run but I love you guys a ton and I hope that you are doing well!! Take care!! :D

con amor x 150 zillion,

Elder Peck

No comments:

Post a Comment