Tuesday, July 23, 2013

July 22, 2013

Mom and Dad!

Hey guys! Thanks for the letter!!  It sounds like it has been pretty rainy there as well.  mom that sounds like a sweet trip you went on up there.  That sounds super nice.

Well this week has been freezing!!!!  Well one day was actually really warm and then the next it was freezing!! Like super super cold for me.  I definitely got the st. george blood in me because man I hate the cold.  It like never snows here and the last time it snowed was in 2007 and everyone talks about it and it almost snowed here and actually snowed in other parts of buenos aires I believe.   It looked like it was about to snow though. It was super cold though and the thing that makes it even worse is the humidity.  I had like my sweater, north face winder breaker(I use it everyday), my big jacket, kneck warmer, gloves and some thermals my companion let my use.  Its so cold!!  

Anways this week we had a zone meeting where we got to meet everyone in the zone because there was a lot of new people in our zone. Its always fun meeting everyone.  My companion and i are the only ones from America in the zone!  There is one sister missionary from Austrailia but thats it.  Its cool though. 

This last friday we had an activity in our ward and unfortunately not a lot of people came (I think for the cold) but it was pretty sweet.  We did this activity where we played games for a prize and then we changed it where if we all worked together everyone could win.  So then we got everyone into a line to recieve the treat we made for them but there was still one more thing to do.  To get the treat they costed 10 push-ups but they couldn´t pay the price theirselves so I did it for them.  I ended up doing like 170 push-ups...It was pretty tough to be honest and at first the people wanted one but as it went on they are like no I don´t want him to suffer so we had them all sit to a side. And then after we went through one by one who didn´t want a treat and my companion would ask me if I loved them to do 10 push-ups for them anyways and I would say yes and do 10 more and then we would give them the treat.  They were like begging me to stop but I didn´t.  We did it to demostrate the Atonement.  How Christ suffered for everyone one of us and how now we can enjoy the treat of it and how people in the world don´t know that the Savior suffered for them and how we need to help them realize the blessings they can recieve.  It was actually a really cool activity and it was really a neat experience for me.  It was pretty tough at the end but it made me think a lot about the Atonement and how hard it must have been.  It has made me think a lot.

Then the following day we had another activity in the church with our ward for Friends day or something.  We always go to the activities to support the ward and get to know the people. I set up a mini ping pong tournament for some of the Youth and of course I played a few games.  I ended up winning it! I played my companion in the finals.  It was fun. I really like this ward.  

Then yesterday at church our audio system caught on fire! We all smelled smoke and we were like what is that?  And turns out the audio caught on fire. It was a little fire I think nothing too big.  And also the power went out here too during church.  The power goes out all the time here in Argentina and especially this area.  But yeah church went pretty well.  We passed all of these Jehova witnesses yesterday in the street which is always kind of fun. We always say hi to them and sometimes they look at us weird but we are always respectful. As we were passing them we ran into some of our investagators and talked with them.  The Jehova witnesses were all looking at us.  It was funny.  Sometimes people think we are Jehova witnesses too.

Anyways for today we played soccer as a zone in the freezing cold and it was actually pretty fun.  My body is beat though and already super sore haha. I am going to be hurting tomorrow for sure.  Its alright though.  

But yeah everything is going well here and I can´t believe that there is only 11 weeks left! That blows my mind.  There are missionarys that have been in the MTC longer than that.  I try not to think about it too much but its kind of hard not too. Well thanks for all of the support and i hope that you guys have an awesome week!! You guys are the best!! Love you guys!!

con amor x 176 zillion,

Elder Peck

No comments:

Post a Comment