Tuesday, July 23, 2013

April 7, 2013

Mom and Dad,



Hey I bet you are wondering why I am writing you guys right now but I am not sure if you heard about a big storm that hit Argentina and in particular La Plata where I am at.  Dont worry I am totally fine but this last tuesday a big rain storm hit la plata where I am at and totally flooded the city.  Where I was at water came up past our knees inside of our pension.  It was pretty crazy but we are alright so no worries. We had just enough time to put everything up.  First we put it up on our chairs and then the water went higher and we were able to throw everything up on top of some dressers we have.  And luckily we have a bunk bed because I threw my bed (bottom bunk) on top with my companions and we just stayed up there all night.  It was like sleeping on an island.  It was pretty crazy.  A lot of stuff was floating in the water.  I will send some pictures this monday.  Also supposedly like 52 people or so died in the storm.  A few died pretty close to us I think.  I never felt like I was going to die or anything but it was pretty crazy watching the water go higher and higher haha.  A lot of the ward members had to sleep on their roofs and lost like all of their stuff. A lot of people lost everything.  We were pretty lucky though and we didnt loose really any personal stuff luckily.  We have been just trying to clean out our pension and everything.  Its pretty clean now except for the walls.  There is this big black line from the water.  We are going to continue cleaning it.  But I am just writing to tell you that we are totally fine and not to worry about us.  I am not even sure if you even heard about this storm or not but if you did our president didnt want you to worry.  Well love you guys and I hope you have a great general conference!! Talk to you soon! Love, Elder Peck

No comments:

Post a Comment