Tuesday, July 23, 2013

January 7, 2013 - 9 More months!!!

Mom and Dad!

Hey guys!!  Thanks so much for your letters! Its always so good to hear from you guys.  I am glad you guys are doing well.  Dad thats awesome you are starting classes already!  I took Math 1050 and 1100 at Dixie and so I am not exactly sure what math 1040 is.  I don´t think it should be too tough though.  I got like 99% in math 1050.   They have like math labs you can go to I think to get help as well.  Who is your teacher??

And dad about the side bag I just need something super simple to hold my scriptures while I am in the street.  Don´t get me anything too nice or flashy in fact in this case less is more because I don´t want anything that draws attention.  I just need it to hold my spanish scriputres (inch longer and a little wider), spare book of mormon, and some pamphlets.  But yeah a strap would be ideal because it would be to hard to cary around all day.  Maybe just a little smaller than the church bag you have for church.  I am sorry if this is confusing to you but whatever you think.  I have a leather scripture case already for my english scriputres. 

Also tell Grandma Peck happy birthday for me!  I thought about her all day yesterday.  For some reason i never forget her birthday.  I hope she had a good one!

Well this week was kind of crazy!  On Monday I was in Avellaneda again and I got to watch all the new year fireworks from an apartment on the 16th floor!  Their pension is super cool because it overlooks like everything.  We could see the fireworks from the capital of Buenos Aires as well and it was like a sea of fireworks.  It was like as far as I could see was fire works.   

Then on Tuesday I went to the mission home and got my new companion!  His name is Elder Cornejo from lima, Peru.  He is 20 years old and kind of a little guy.  He seems pretty cool so I am pretty happy!  I will be training him for the next 9 weeks or so.  So we will see how everything goes.

Then on Wednesday I had to go to Adrogue (mission offices) and do stuff for my visa so that I can finally be legal!  I will have to go back I think in a few weeks to finish everything.  So finally i got to get to work on Thursday with my companion. haha 

Then today the whole mission headed to the temple!!  It was super awesome!!   It was kind of weird going through in spanish but it was still really cool!!  It has been over a year since I have been to the temple and it felt so good to be back and go through.  It is something I have really missed and it felt so good to feel the spirit so strong in there.  The buenos aires temple is super nice and big and so new!  It was neat going through with the other missionaries as well.  I´ll be able to go through it again when I finish my mission.  Can you believe that 9 months from now I will be heading home??  How crazy is that!!?  Wow time is flying.

Now for a funny story.  Last night I had a super freaky dream where there was a huge spider in my bed and I thought it was real so I jumped up out of bed and scraped my back on the bunk bed and it woke my companion up and everything.  It was pretty funny and now I think my companion thinks I am crazy haha.    

Well sorry this is really short but i hope you guys are doing well!!  I love and miss you guys like crazy!!!  I hope you have an awesome new year as well!!!

con amor X 120 zillion!!!,



Elder Peck

No comments:

Post a Comment