Tuesday, July 23, 2013

August 20, 2012

Mom and Dad!
Hey guys!!  So I printed off your emails today to read them and they printed really bad and I couldn’t really read them very well. But what I read was good!! I am going to reprint them here at this different computer place. But wow dad that’s crazy you drove all the way to Moab to help Grandma and Grandpa move! You are a stud.  I bet you were pretty wiped out that’s for sure.  I cant imagine.  Moving is such a pain thats for sure.  I am glad everything went well.  Thats cool you guys went and saw the new borne movie! I had no clue there was a new one.  Thats the first time I heard anything about that movie but I am pumped that there are going to 3 movies of the hobbit! Dad we will definitely have to go see them together.
 
Well for some funny news Dad do you remember Alex Bennet from when I went to the F.B.I. academy??  Well I guess he got sick in Russia and had to go home and got resent to the Boise Idaho mission and is companions with my buddy T.J. Hardy. I dont know if you remember him but Lacy knows him.  What a small world.  I thought that was kind of cool.   Well this last week here was super crazy!!!! We had like no time to work here it seemed like.  We had zone conference on thursday which is always awesome.  I love zone conference because it pumps me up so much and makes we want to be a better missionary.  President Stapley is such a stud.  I hope some day you can meet him because he really is so cool.  Then thursday my companion had to do a lot of bautismal interviews because hes the district leader so we had to go all over the place.  Then Saturday we had "Gran dia de bautismos!"  Big day of baptisms!  We baptized a little 9 year old kid named Luis.  We were pretty pumped.  Our whole zone baptized like 10 people.  It was really a neat experience.  We all sang as well during it.
 
As far as weather goes this last week it rained soooooooo much.  Like for 3 days it rained and then like 1 sunny day and then like 3 more days of rain.  I swear it has been rainy more that sunny here.  Yesterday was sunny finally but today its overcast and I think its going to rain.  Its starting to get a little bit warmer here I think which is pretty nice.  I think we will be hitting spring pretty soon so that will be nice.  Also Tuesday i recieved Brad Chandlers letter that he sent in April it said.  i dont know why it took so long to get it but I finally just got it.  I got letters from Lars and some other friends so that was pretty cool.
 
Also yesterday was my 10th month mark here on the mission!! Can you believe it?? Its crazy how fast time is going now. I cant even believe it.  Also this next monday is transfers so we will have to see what happens.  My companion only has like 1 more transfer before he goes home to paraguay.  I have been here in Fabian Onsari for over 5 months now!! Can you believe it?? Its so crazy.
 
Today for P day we did some service which was actually pretty fun.  We poured a cement floor for the bishop of the other ward that we share the chapel with.  he actually lives in our area.  We did it with the other elders and had a pretty good time.  we hate Choripan sandwhiches which are like big sausages.  They are really good.  I sent some pictures so I hope you get them.  Well i am running short on time so I better go for now but I love and miss you guys like crazy!!  Its so crazy to think I have been gone so long from you guys.  Well take care and I will talk to you next monday! :D
 
con amor x 80 zillion,
Elder Peck

No comments:

Post a Comment