Tuesday, July 23, 2013

July 15, 2013 - Transfers!!

Mom and Dad!!

Hey guys thanks for the letters!  I am glad to hear that everyone made it back from Arkansas fine.   Sounds like you guys made it back home pretty late.  Dad that´s too bad you had no time to sleep!!  That would have been super tough thats for sure.  I feel like I don´t know anyone that lives in our neighborhood since I was only living there for 5 weeks!  It will be interesting to get to know everyone thats for sure.  It will be weird when I give my homecoming talk because it will be in a ward that I don´t even know really!  Hopefully I will see some of my friends that are in the ward.  And Dad  I didn´t know you drew out for any elk tag or at least I don´t remember!  When is the hunt?  

Well we just had transfers and for me there is no changes!  Thats good I wanted to stay here with my companion because we have a lot of good things going on right now and I really like it here.  I just have 2 transfers left!  So that means only 12 weeks left.  Thats so weird because that means there is only one group of elders that are going home before me now.  A group is going home today.  I only have to worry about transfer calls one more time.  I really hope that I can finish my mission here but you never know.  If I go to another area I will only go for like 6 weeks.

Anyways this last week has been really...WET!!!  It rained a ton this last week .  On the 9th its a nation holiday (like the 4th of july) and in the morning there was like a parade right by our pension basically of like Argentine cowboys.   It was pretty cool because as we were riding through we saw all of these horses and they guys were all dressed up in their tradional clothing.  Its funny they wear these shoes called Alpargatas which are like the shoes called "toms" in the states.  I guess the guy who invented toms got the idea from Argentina.  Anyways I bought some alpargatas because they are supe cheap here.  They are pretty cool.  But anyways like right after that it started raining and raining and raining.  I bundled up pretty good so it wasn´t too bad but my feet were wet like the whole day.  Then it rained other days too.  My companion has been pretty sick and I think it was from the rain.  We did some service this last saturday and we dug this huge hole so they could put up a little water tank for their house and anyways after my companion felt really sick so we couldn´t even leave the pension the rest of the day.  It was alright with me because I felt exhausted and my stomach hurt and I actually threw up but I feel totally fine now.  He is still pretty sick though I think but I think he is getting better at least..

This week we went and talked to this really inactive family and we ended up teaching the son and man does he have so many crazy ideas.  He is definitely one of those persons looking for the truth and not knowing where to find it.  We  talked to him for a long time and he has all of these strange ideas.  We gave him a Book of mormon and hopefully he reads it.  I just feel so blessed to know the gospel and not have to be searching for it.  It really is such a  blessing.

Today we just took a chill p day again because my companion isn´t feeling that good.  We did a little shopping and I bought some cheap soccer jerseys and I bought this sweet little scale I can use to weigh my suitcases.  It was really cheap and will work perfectly.  I think I am going to leave a lot of stuff like clothes because to be honest they are getting pretty worn out.  Plus I weight like 160 now!!  Crazy huh?  Maybe not but still I weighed myself today and I was around 74 kilos with my clothes on.    I have been working out pretty consistantly though and I hopefully I can keep it up until I go home.  Its a lot easier when your companion wants to work out with you and so we have been working out together.   We do those F.B.I. push ups like every other day.  We go up to 12 and go back down.

Also thanks so much for that money you guys sent to me!  I am so thankful for the money grandma and grandpa peck have been sending.  That really means so much.  I am so greatful for all of the support you guys give me.  It really is a sacrifice for the whole family when some serves a mission.  

Well I better run but I hope that you guys are doing well!!  I love you guys soo much! You are the best parents anyone could ever ask for! I realize that more and more each day!  Talk to you later!

con amor x 174 zillion,

Elder Peck

No comments:

Post a Comment