Tuesday, July 23, 2013

May 6, 2013 - Talk to you in 6 days!

Mom and Dad!!

Thanks so much for your letters!!  Also thanks for the money that will be very appreciated!  Thanks for always taking care of me while I am gone.  For you guys are the best.  

So I will be talking to you on sunday at 6:30 Argentina time and I should have everything set up.  We will be using the computer of  the lady that lives in front of us so that makes it easy.  I have some phone cards too I think just in case. Also I have email ready too.  Thanks for sending my username and stuff dad. I was just thinking about that so thanks for sending it to me.

So you guys saw ironman 3?  I didn´t even know there was one.  Thats pretty cool.  I will have a lot of movies to see when I get back.  My companion goes home in 4 weeks!  Its crazy to think about and he is getting ready to go home and stuff. He is still working hard though so thats good.  He makes me miss you guys a ton though!  Only 5 more months though and its over.  That is so weird to me.  Today we went shopping for p day because my companion wants to buy a lot of stuff before he leaves.  It was cool seeing some new parts of my zone.  It definitely isn´t like la plata but its alright.  

This last week was pretty good I guess.  We went to a district meeting and my good buddy Elder Preece taught it so that was pretty cool.  I remember when we were super new in the mission together and now he is teaching and everything.  

This last Wednesday we had a meeting at the mission home which has a nickname of  "Jedi Council"  because its for all of the zone leaders in the mission.  There is a huge table we sit around and we talk about the mission and stuff.  It was pretty cool.  At the end all of the people going home this transfer gave their testimonies and they were all crying and stuff.  It was pretty sad and it made me realize how short the mission really is.  I could feel the spirit so strong too.  I am so glad I am serving a mission.  This is the best decision of my life thats for sure.

This last Friday there was a huge rain storm here and we got pretty wet.  We went out to this house out in the boonies like super far from everyone and we got in the house.  It was a house basically all made out of tin roof so it was kind of loud inside with the rain.  There was a ton of people inside though and we taught a nice lesson.  It was sad to see though people living like that.  It really makes me appreciate all that we have.  Coming back we got kind of wet and we had to wait at the bus stop for awhile.  But finally it came.  Its starting to get kind of cold here too.

Then the next day we went out on our bikes and since our area is mostly of dirt roads there was a ton of mud.  We were riding through this super slippery mud and my bike slipped out from under me and I put my foot down to catch me and then my foot slipped too!  I fell right on my back in the mud !  I was covered in mud!  It was pretty funny though and it didn´t hurt at all.  I took some pictures after when we got back to the pension.  I will show you when I get back home.  But yeah it was pretty funny.

Yesterday was a pretty chill day at church but I found out I have to give a talk which will be fun I guess.  Well I better run but the good news is I am going to be talking to you soon!!  I will talk to you on sunday!!  I love you guys soo much!!  Take care!

con amor x 154 zillion,

Elder Peck

No comments:

Post a Comment