Tuesday, July 23, 2013

April 8, 2013 - wow what a week!

Mom and Dad!!!

Hey guys!!  There is some problems with the computers right now so I hope I will be able to send this.  But wow it was definitely quite the week thats for sure.  It was pretty crazy being in the flood thats for sure.  I took a lot of pictures and I will see if I can send some.  It was just surprising how fast the water came up but its all good.  I feel bad for some families because they lost like everything.  It water ended up coming up to a little above my knees inside the pension.  But I guess people died pretty close to where we were at.  But it was kind of crazy after because everyone was just throwing out all of their stuff out into the streets and then like some of the people from the poorer parts came and were trying to take everything.  It was kind of sketchy because they were also like blocking of streets and stuff.  Thats how they protest here I guess.  Its actually really common.  But we just stayed inside the pension at night and most of the time.  We have been trying to clean everything out because there was a lot of mud everywhere.  It was nuts though.  Luckily I didn´t really lose anything valuable so thats good.  I put my journal and my scriputres in my back pack and put them on top of the bunk bed with me just in case.  Those are like the most important things I have.  Also I had my camera too but luckily its water proof.. 

Also this week I got a really cool phone call from a family from last area.  I am not really sure how they got my number but they called to tell me Cristian (the boy I baptized on my birthday) just got his mission call to Peru!!!  We are going to be serving at the exact same time!!  I am seriously so pumped!   When he goes through the temple I will be able to go through with him too.  He will be a really good missionary too.  

So how was conference for you guys??   I got to see one session on saturday and then I watched both of them on sunday.  The last session I got to watch in English so that was pretty cool.  I hope that I will be able to read the talks later because I love the conference talks.  They are super cool and I feel so lucky to have modern revelation for us in these days.  I really wish I could have gone to all of the sessions but on saturday we could only go if we had investagators but with all of the storms and everything it was really hard for all of us to go on saturday but luckily I was able to go for at least one session.  

It feels so long since i have driven a car.  I can´t believe I go home in 6 months!!  Time is just going faster and faster!  I really can´t believe it though.  Its weird that a lot of my friends are already home. It feels like I have been here for so long though.  It will be weird when I finally leave here but hopefully I will be able to come back one day and visit everyone again.  La Plata is a really cool place too.  Dad I hope your hand is starting to get better.  I hope they can figure out what to do for it so you don´t have to have another surgery.  I have been definitely praying for yeah!!  

So Mike Crowley knows a family whos son is coming to my mission?  Thats super cool!! When does he leave? Hopefully I will be able to meet him some day!!

Well I better go but I hope that you guys are alright and know how much I love and care for all of you guys!!  You guys are the best!!  I have the best parents ever thats for sure.  Talk to you in a week!!

con amor x 146 zillion,

Elder Peck

No comments:

Post a Comment