Tuesday, July 23, 2013

July 1, 2013 - Wow what a week!!

Mom and Dad!!

Sounds like you guys have had quite the week!!  Thats crazy that zach and kathy have already left!  I wish they could have waited a few months so I could have seen them! haha Its all good though.  It sounds like it is getting pretty hot up there.  It is getting pretty cold here actually.  Right now its actually pretty nice but some days and nights are pretty chilly.  Especially with the bikes it gets cold.  Speaking of bikes mine is broken again.  I swear my bike breaks like once a week.  Its all good though.  The bike guy knows us well and always gives us good deals.

Well this week has been very eventful and I had the coolest experience in my mission by far.  On tuesday I went to the temple to see some of my converts go through and get sealed.  They are the contana family and I am not sure if you remember them.  They are the family that I helped baptized in Fabian Onsari.  I baptized the son on my birthday last year.  Anyways I went through with them to get their temple endowments.  I was like the host guy for the dad.  I helped through everything.  It felt soo good being in the temple.  I felt so much peace it was really nice.  It was awesome being in there with that family because they are seriously so awesome.  They are the family I am probably the closest with here.  Then I got to see them get sealed together and I got to be a witness so I totally got to sign their marriage certificate.  I seriously felt soo good and happy.  It was probably one of the  happiest moments in my life.  For real I can´t even describe how it felt.  They went through a lot and it was awesome see them make it to the temple.  I hope one day you will be able to meet them.  I sent you a picture of them.   It just reaffirmed my testimony of how sacred the temples are and how lucky we are to have them so close to us. When I get home I want to go a lot.  They are definitely the house of the Lord.

Well this week was President stapley´s last week.  We had one last meeting with him before he left.  Right now he´s in Utah!  Thats so weird to me.  He was such a good president.  President Thurgood is the new president and I still haven´t met him yet but he seems like is going to be a really good president.  It was funny after the meeting with president stapley we were riding on the train back to our area and this guy comes up and is like how is it being spys and then he walked away.  haha For some reason some people think we are spys here.  It made me laugh.


Also this week I got kind of sick and totally lost my voice and i could barely talk.  My throat didn´t hurt that bad but I just couldn´t talk.  That definitely makes being a missionary tough when you can´t talk  It was alright though.  I also did intercamios with an elder from Peru this week and he was kind of sick as well.  I am feeling pretty good though.  

Also here in Argentina its legal to smoke marijuana and we saw this guy smoking marijuana in front of the police station as we was walking by.  Its a different world down here haha.  Thats cool dad you got to help with taking down that spice operation.  Drugs are horrible.

Today we just took a chill p day and got of relaxed in the pension a little.  I printed off some pictures from the temple but yeah it was just a nice chill day.  Things are going good down here.  Well I better run but I love you guys a ton and I hope you know how lucky I am to have you guys as my parents!!  You are the best.  Well I will talk to you next week!!

con amor x 170 zillion,
Elder Peck

Sorry one last thing.  I wanted to tell you I finished reading the book of mormon in spanish!!!  I read it in 3 months and these last 2 weeks I read like 265 pages trying to finish it in time!  I finished it last night and man it felt good to finish.  I have been waking up early to finish it.  That is the best book and I love it so much!  I can´t wait to read it again and again and again.  I wish everyone could read it.  Well thats all I wanted to tell you! Love you guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment