Tuesday, July 23, 2013

February 4, 2013 - Wow its hot down here.‏

Mom and Dad!!

Thanks for writing me this week like always!!  I get so excited to hear from you guys.  You guys are the best parents in the world thats for sure!  We were are so lucky to be raised in such a great family. It sounds like you guys are keeping busy too thats for sure.  Mom how are things going at work?? I hope that its getting better.  I guess my mission president went golfing at green springs awhile back with one of the city managers.  I thought that was interesting.  And Dad I can´t believe you are doing all the things you are doing!  To be honest in my classes I was always assigned to  do all these readings and half of the time I didn´t have time to read at all.    

This last week was kind of hectic it seemed like just because of a lot of things we needed to do.  We had another baptism for a guy named Gerardo on Mike´s birthday!!! My companion baptized him but he couldn´t get him under the water and he ended getting baptized like 6 times!!  I was like just push him under. haha It was his first time baptizing someone so he was a little nervous.  It turned out pretty good though except also the water was really hot but its better hot than cold I guess.  I love when we have baptisms because its like having a new family member.  I love it.

This week we went down to a poorer part of my area with a member and man it just makes me realize how blessed we are to live where we live.  Like down where we were at the people just have like a different look in their eyes and they are like scared of getting robbed and stuff.  

This week was kind of a long tough week for a lot of reasons but I felt like I grew a lot but I am glad it is over.  Its always kind of stressfull when we have baptisms because I basically set everything up.  I ended up having to give a talk about the Holy Ghost at the baptism because our speaker bailed out on us an hour before.  It was alright though I through something together really fast.  But I really love this ward we have here so much.  Its cool to see like the same church we have where we live is the same here.  Its like you are instantly part of a family with the people here without knowing really anything about them.

Today has been a really long day and as you might have noticed I am writing later today than usual.  Today I woke up at 4:30 in the morning which is like 12:30 utah time I think haha because I had to go to Adrogue where our mission offices are to renew my visa.  Wow it was such a long process.  We where in lines and waited for like 5 and half hours in total I think.  Its kind of ridiculous all of the stuff you have to do here to be honest.  Its like you go to one place to pay something, go to another to sign one paper ,and then return to the same place, and then wait in another line.  It took forever but the good news is I am legal here!  I think I should be able to return pretty easy now.  But yeah it was a long day.  Also since I was at the offices I got to pick up a package I got from the Torok family and they got me a frisbee and boomerang thing! I was so pumped!!  Tell them thanks so much for me!!  That really is so cool of them!!  I can wait to go use the frisbee and stuff.

Well I better run but thanks so much for all you do for me and I hope you know how awesome I think you guys are!!  I am the luckiest son ever!!!  Well take care and hasta la proxima semana!! Love you guys!!

con amor x 128 zillion!,
Elder Peck

No comments:

Post a Comment