Tuesday, July 23, 2013

December 3, 2012 - Hoooolllllaaaa!!‏

Hey mom and dad!

Mom I am so glad to hear that you are feeling better!!  I have seriously been so worried about you all week and hope that you are doing well and continue to get feeling better.  I know how bad pneuomonia can be and it really made me sick for a long time and felt the effects for months after so I am sure it will just take time.  Mom thats funny about your dream of me! Haha I have dreams about you guys sometimes and then I wake up and I realize that I am in a pension down in Argentina haha.   But yeah I will be able to see you guys soon!  Just in 3 more weeks I believe!!  Thats so crazy!!  I am pretty sure I will be able to use skype and I have already talked to a family in my ward and they said we can use their computer and that the missionaries always skype at their house for Christmas and stuff.  So I hope it works!  Dad can you check to see if my account is still up and running? 

Dad those pictures looked really cool of the cement you poured and thats crazy about it setting up so fast!!  I have had the chance to work with a lot of cement here and its a lot of work! Thanks for the package and in fact I am going to open it up tonight because I have been waiting to know if I can or not. haha  But thank you in advance!  Also thanks for the Christmas package and bike chain you sent!!  Hopefully I will be able to use it for awhile until the transfer me out of this area but still it will be good for the next missionary as well.  I am always super nervous to use my bike at night if we go far so I just take it nice and easy now.  I also got grandma and Grandpa´s package as well! They are so awesome!  I will wait to open it on Christams.  Also the Toroks emailed me and told me about the package as well!!  I have the best family and friends!!  I can´t wait to talk to the torok´s again.  They seem like such cool people!!  I feel like I am definitely not as shy as I was before so it would be good to actually talk to them.  I love being able to share the gospel with them, in fact thats all I do now really.  Anyways they are super cool.

Well a little bit about my companion...he lives here in Argentina but is from Bolivia. He told me he used to live in mud house!!  He is a funny little guy and one day he just grabbed a garlic clove and ate it!  I was so gross!!  But we get along well so thats good.  He is going to be with me for this transfer and then he will go back to his home.  He doesn´t say like anything in lessons but he helps me talk in the street.  This last week was super tough because there was like nobody to go by so we talked to so many people in the street and in their houses.  We had some good ones though.  One day I was super tired and I was walking and then I hear ¨Yankees, Yankees¨ but here it sounds  like shonkees, and anyways I go back and there was this lady in the car yelling at us.  She was like ¨go home¨ in english and i was like what?  She is like i am atheist and it hurts me to see young people wasting their time here when they could be studying.  And she also asked me why I was here in Argentina and why I don´t go preach in America?  I just told her I want to help the people here and that I love it and to be honest after I felt sad and good.  One I felt sad that this lady doesn´t believe in God and how hard it must be for her but good that really I get to be a missionary here in Argentina and get to stand up for the truth.  I felt like this is where I need to be and its hard to describe but I just felt good to know that God is part of my life and how I get to spread that joy to everyone so that they can experience it as well.  And right after we went to a house and she was super nice and happy.  It was just kind of a cool experience.

Well this last Saturday we had a baptism!!!  I was so happy!  It was for a special lady named Adriana and believe it or not she was a Pastor before.  She is the one I wrote to you guys about a little back about how her husband left her and stuff and we went to her house.  She was so happy and ready for her baptism.  And so I organized the baptism and everything and everything was ready to go.  So at 2:30 I went to the church to fill up the baptismal font for her baptism and 5:00.  So I go back to the pension to change in my suit and get everything ready.   And about 3:40ish I got a call that the water heater wasn´t working and I asked the lady to check the font while she was there and said the water wasn´t running!! I was like what??  So we raced down there in our suits on our bikes and went and found out that the power was out in the church and that the water wasn´t running... I was like oh no!  What do I do? Because here in Argentina they just cut the power off whenever and you never know for how long.  It could be 10 min or 4 hours.  So we went outside to the electronic and water tank and my companion is a electrician and luckily knew what was going on and flipped a switch that started things running again.  he was covered in cobwebs.  And so we were so happy.  I was praying a lot.  So the water was filling up but super slow like super super slow. I was like great this is going to take forever.  And by this time Adriana came with her dad and daughter.  They just waited the whole time haha.  So we ended up filling buckets of water and throwing them in the font because the water pressure was good for the other faucets minus the font.  Also we heated up a huge giant pot of water to make it warmer.  So I was like in my suit and stuff throwing water in the font.  But by about 6:45 we were able to start the baptism. haha It was kind of stressfull.  Then after I gave a talk about baptism during the service.  It was really cool.  Then her dad who got baptized not too long ago in another ward baptized her.  She cried a lot and was so happy.  So in the end everything turned out good.  I definitely will not forget it!  

Today was p day and it was probably one of the funnest I have had!  My zone leaders bought waterballoons so we had like a waterballoon fight and threw buckets of water on everyone.  It was a super fun zone activity.  Then we ate some pizza and watched a movie called ¨courage¨or something? it was like a disney one.  I didn´t get to watch all of it but it was cool.  Don´t worry I am sure my zone leaders asked for permision for everything. haha  We get to watch a movie every transfer too but this is like my 3rd one the whole mission.  Its was cool watching even a disney movie.  I bet the new movies will blow my mind after the mission.  Well guys I better run but thanks for everything!!  i love and miss you guys like crazy!!!  Take care and I will talk to you soon!! :D

con amor x 110 zillion,
Elder Peck

No comments:

Post a Comment