Tuesday, July 23, 2013

January 14, 2013 - Another week in the books.‏

Dear Mom and Dad,

Hey wow its sounds like quite the packed week!  Dad that sounds like you have been doing a lot of work!!  Way to be.  I always felt super overwhelmed the first week of school and then by week 2 or 3 I felt prettty good. I miss Dixie college.  It was pretty hard but I also had a ton of fun there.  I still don´t know what I am going to do when I get home for college but I did really like it there.  That would be cool if we took classes together dad!  We could take like a scuba class or something haha.  We will tear it up when I get home!  

Hey thanks for finding that bag dad! That will be super handy.  I just need some dress shoe, shoe laces.  And mom I am good on Spanish copies of the Book of Mormon.  We have a lot of them here.  Dad do you still have that copy you bought right before I left the mission?? I use that everyday!  I love knowing (saber, conocer) spanish. I am still not perfect by any means but its getting better I hope.  Thats cool mom you had that spanish lesson in church about Saber and conocer.  I used to always get those 2 words confused when i was starting out.    And thats so funny you had tacos this last week because I had lunch with a member family and they cooked tacos!! i couldn´t believe because like no one here knows knows how to cook them!!  They were really good but not like ours.

Also congratulations on the new calling! Dad are you going to stay with the special needs mutal as well?  Thats super neat to have that callling and I wonder what you´ll have to do.  Hey have you guys read ¨Believing Christ?¨  I got it from Uncle Klint and Aunt Mary Joe for Christmas and just read it at night when I had free time and man it was awesome!!  Its only like 130 pages or so but I recommend it.  It explains about the Atonement and really helped me understand it a lot better.  The guy is a super good writer too.

Well this last week has been pretty good I guess.  We did a lot of service and painting  a lot.  I love doing service here because it breaks things up a little bit.  Also I found out some bad news about Adriana our last baptism.  Her old pastors have been talking to her and I am not sure whats going on with her. I keep trying to go to her house to talk to her but she is always working.  It makes me worried and sad.  We´ll see what happens.

For a funny story this week we were clapping a lot of house and we ended up teaching this 22 year old lady outside her window and she was telling us how the Jehova witnesses have been talking to her and stuff for like 3 months or so.  I was like alright thats cool well we want to share something with you and we were sharing about the restoration and got to the part about Joseph Smith´s first vision and all of a sudden the Jehova witness lady showed up behind us and was like what are you doing kind of thing.  She had a look of fire in her eyes haha.  We are like alright we´ll see ya later and left.  Then we just passed by the next day and finished teaching her haha.  There is a lot of Jehova witnesses here.  It was pretty funny though.  Stuff like that always seems to happen.

Here in la plata everyone is leaving for vacations and so there isn´t a lot of people.  Here businesses will just close down for 2 weeks to take a vacation.  its kind of annoying but its alright.  Well thanks for everything and I hope you guys have an awesome week!!  Thanks for all your support.  I definitely have the best parents and family in the world!!!  I will see you guys in less than 9 months! Love ya guys a ton!!

con amor x 122 zillion,

Elder Peck

No comments:

Post a Comment