Tuesday, July 23, 2013

August 6, 2012

Mom and Dad!
 
Hey thanks so much for the letters!!!  Its always so nice to hear how you guys are doing and whats going on with you guys.  You guys seem to be living on another planet. haha  Thanks for the pictures dad! I am glad you worked on your hog without spending a fortune.  You did a lot of work it sounds like! What a stud.  It sounds like you are definitely sounding busy! Aren´t you retired?  haha Mom You made me hungry talking about ribs! And dad I have been craving your pancakes and the peck tacos! Seriously I haven´t missed a ton of american food but this last month I have been craving it like crazy!!! I am getting kind of tired of the food to be honest. haha Its always the same it seems like.  Its alright I guess.  But I would love to eat some pancakes or french toast (Mom!) in the morning.  You should just send me some. haha jk but You guys are the best! Thanks so much for being so awesome!!
 
Thats pretty sweet you get to go down to pheonix to the gun show! I am excited to see your bag dad that you are going to send!  I am seriously so excited to shoot those targets when I get back.  And mom sorry that your email keeps on getting erased!  That would be so annoying!  I hope you can figure out what keeps on happening.
 
Well as for Argentina this week...It was a pretty good crazy week.  This last tuesday I went to another day to work in the morning while my companion had a meeting and we went to these super ghetto look apartments that kind of reminded me of an apartment complex off of "I am legend."  That was pretty fun I guess.  Then thursday and Friday it rained a ton!!!!  Like down poured on us.  My rain jacket is the bomb and it works perfectly in the rain.  The only problem is my pants always get drenched. haha  Its alright though.  I did have like wet shoes for 2 days which was cold and kind of annoying but it was alright i guess.  Its kind of cool when it rains a lot because some of the streets are like mini rivers and pretty tough to cross but we usually can find away to get across them.  Its so humid here and when it rains it is even worse.  Its been a little chilly at night.  We have a new heater but its kind of dumb because sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn´t.  I don´t understand it and we have to hit it a few times before it will start working again.  its pretty annoying but when it works we sleep really warm.
 
This last saturday we were getting on the bus and my companion decided to sit in the very back and I got stuck sitting by this kind of rough looking guy and he is like where are you from? And like all this stuff but I just told him the stuff and acted all cool and they were all asking questions and stuff.  He asked how long I have been here and stuff.  Then as I was getting of the bus he is like do you like Argentina?? And I was like yeah I love it and he is like you love this! Or something like that and pulls out of his pocket a small bag of drugs. I think it was marijuana haha.  I just laughed and got off.  I guess its legal to do that stuff now in public I heard. I am not really sure but we can always smell it pretty strong in the streets.  I hate the smell.  But yeah that was kind of funny. 
 
Yesterday we had kind of a funny experience.  So we are walking home at night and this guys stops us and is like you are mormons? And we started talking and he was acting really kind of weird.  He kept asking us if we can travel or something like that?  We were kind of confused.  Anyways I felt kind of wierd with him for some reason but we talked for a long time and turns out the guy was a mason. Do you know what I am talking about?  He like showed us their crazy hand shake which was really kind of...i don´t know. But yeah and he explained to us some stuff and said some weird word.  I don´t know but he asked where we lived and my companion told him the street name and he is like where is that at? I thought my companion was going to tell him and so I kind of butted in and was like while we need to go but we have your address and we´ll stop by some other time.  It was kind of weird.  My companion was kind of mad I did that but I didn´t want him to give him our address.  Anyways it was that was kind of fun.  Gotta love it.
 
While I better run but thanks for everything! You guys are so awesome!!  Thanks for preparing that package! You guys are so supportive.  I hope all goes well at the gun show this week! I love and miss you guys a ton! Take care and I´ll talk to you in a week!
 
con amor X 76 zillion,
 


Elder Peck

No comments:

Post a Comment