Tuesday, July 23, 2013

July 8, 2013 - Another week in the Korn‏

Mom and Dad!!

Hey guys!  I hope things are going good for ya.  Mom thats sweet that you got to visit Mike and his family in Arkansas.  I hope I can make it out there one day.  That would be a lot of fun I am sure.  Dad thats cool about the Police Academy granduation and cool that Zach Stoddard graduated as well.  I know he always talked about being a cop.

Thats cool you went to the movies with trevor and tyson.  If I remember right I think tyson is going to Paraguay and going to the MTC here in Argentina.  I have actually been right by the mtc because its right by the temple.  I actually will be right there a week after he leaves the mtc. 

This week has been a pretty chill week for the most part.  This last monday night 2 elders in our zone didn´t answer their phone at night and so we had to call like the stake president to send some members to see if they made it back to their pension alright and their bishop went over there and no one was there or at least no one answered   It was already late and so our new president told us to go check in the morning so it the morning we headed over there to just find them in their pension and their phone was off or something.  I was kind of frustrated that they didn´t call.  I think they learned their lesson though. haha  And anyways on Tuesday we had a meeting with the stake president and we got to meet our new mission President, President Thurgood and his wife.  He sure seems like an awesome guy too.  He taugh religion for like 36 years or something and is a patriarch and a temple sealer.  He is really cool and brings a lot of peace being around him.  

On thursday we had a zone conference so that everyone could meet him too.  That was cool too.  We also had like mini interviews with him and his wife with our companion to get to know him.  Also at the zone conference we had to teach our zone for like an hour or so.  It turned out pretty good.  Its kind of fun teaching everyone sometimes.  I bet that would be crazy teaching for hours like you do dad.  I want to go to one of your classes one time.

Yesterday at church we had and a ward lunch which was kind of fun.  We had some good chicken and potatoes.  Then we walked one of our investigators back home.  Also at church my old companion Elder Inostroza from chile came and visited.  He finished the  mission in febuary and came back to visit. It was kind of weird seeing him to be honest but it was alright.  We have actually had like 3 of the same areas which is kind of weird too.  

Today has just been a really chill p day and we didn´t really do much.  We just cleaned out the pension a little bit and took it nice and easy.  It was relaxing.  

Well I officially have 3 months left!  Can you believe it?  I really can´t.  Well I better run but I love you guys a ton and I hope you have a good week!!!

con amor x 172 zillion,

Elder Peck

No comments:

Post a Comment