Tuesday, July 23, 2013

December 10, 2012 - Greetings from Argentina!

Mom and Dad!

Hey first off thanks for the package you guys sent to me!! That was awesome!! It was all the things I needed.  Those sock are awesome and the insoles are perfect.  My other insoles basically didn´t do anything anymore and so it feels a lot more comfortable with these insoles.  Also I have been eating all the candy and playing with the football.  Thanks dad for the football that thing is sweet!!! We were going to go play catch today but it started raining.  You cannot find a football here just soccer balls and rugby balls.  Also that razor is super awesome as well!  Thanks again for all of that!

Well this last week was pretty cool I guess.  We found some new people that I hope will progress.  We found one family of another faith who are actually active in their church and basically i taught the whole restoration and about the book of mormon in front of all of them.  I was kind of nervous because I knew if there were questions my companion wouldn´t answer but it turned out pretty good.  I love talking about the Book of Mormon and teaching about it. Sometimes I am like this is crazy teaching in spanish because I get used to speaking all the time and its weird to think its actually another language.  Its pretty cool.

Well this last Thursday was a pretty crazy day because it rained and lightning all day long pretty much.  In the morning we left and just got totally drenched and basically dumped water out of my shoes and then later we went out with my umbrella which helped. Also we were walking and all of a sudden there was a huge light and popping sound right by us and I was like what the heck and then I heard super loud thunder.  I am almost possitive it was a lightning strike right by us but I really didn´t feel any electrcity in the air but still it was weird.  We were both like what in the world was that. Anyways it looked like it was clearing up so we took the bikes out because we had to go kind of far.  So we are going and we can see in the distance just black and nasty clouds and so we hurried to the house we were going to and they weren´t there and then it just started down pouring.  So we just took off on our bikes and got drenched again just like before.  And so we are riding in the rain and my companion´s bike chain busted like mine did before and I just kind of laughed like this is too funny.  So I told him just to hang onto my back pack and I just pulled him on my bike so it wasn´t too bad.  Then we get to our pension to change out of our wet clothes for a second time and all of a sudden I saw something moving on the ground by our door and it was mouse!! I was like oh my gosh this day just gets better and better haha. And so I was scrambling to get my shoes on and my companion starts going after it and had it cornered under a book case thing and i told him to wait until I had my shoes on but he kept chasing it and totally slipped on the wet floor and knocked over the bikes.  He is like I am really sorry haha we were laughing pretty hard.  So anyways we got the mouse corned and then for some reason the mouse ran into one of my empty shoes close by and  my companion picks up my shoe with mouse in it and trys to fling it outside but ends up throwing it straight up and so we chased it again outside and then I hit it and killed it. It was just a super crazy day haha.  At night we cleaned the floors and everything really good from the mouse.

One thing about Argentina is the weather changes so fast without warning.  Like this morning it was super sunny and nice and now its like pouring rain and cold.  But I am pretty sure tomorrow will be super hot and sunny.  It gets pretty dang hot here and the humidity is a killer. I like dry heat a lot more thats for sure.  

Well I will be talking to you guys soon!! I can´t wait to see you guys! It has been like 7 months since I have talked to you! How crazy is that?  After this I will only call you one more time on Mother´s day!  Well I hope you have a feliz navidad!  Also mom can you tell grandma linda that I got her letter?? Well I love you guys a ton and I will talk to you soon!! :D

con amor X 112 zillion,

Elder Peck

No comments:

Post a Comment