Tuesday, July 23, 2013

September 11, 2012 - An awesome week!

Mom and Dad!!
 
Hey guys!!  Dad it sounds like you are doing good and keeping busy. Ever since I started taking those vitamins everyday I have felt a ton better.  Its kind of crazy but its true.  Thanks for all the pictures too that sounds like you had an awesome motorcycle trip. I was actually talking to this kid in my district who used to work at Jacobs Lake and he said there was a lot of rules there.  I hope Laura is doing alright there. haha He said it was really fun though as well.  And good thing you went DJ's birthday party.  Thats cool he waited for you to come but I bet he would have been really sad if you didn't go.  I can't wait to meet him some day.  Mom I hope you are doing well and I hope you are feeling better! 
 
Well this week has been incredible!!!  This last weekend was seriously so awesome.  First off this last Friday  we had the oppertunity to listen to President Eyring, Elder Ballard, and Elder Christofferson.  It was amazing!!  They came and spoke to all of the buenos aires missions.  All 3 of our missions (South, West, and North) met in one big church building in the west misson.  There was about 600 missionaries there.  The MTC here came as well.  But its so cool when they walked in we all stood up.  When Christofferson spoke he didn't need a translator but when Elder Ballard and President Eyring spoke they used a translator.  It was kind of cool because he would say a sentence and then the guy would repeat it in spanish and so on.  So I like listened to it twice.  It was such a special experience. When they talked you could just feel the spirit so strong and there wasn't a doubt that these men are on the Lord's errand.  President Eyring talked about how it is when they call missionaries for their missions and how this mission is where the Lord wants us to be.  It was interesting to listen how we got called.  He also talked about our patriarchal blessings and how our gifts we have are used to help other people.  I just kept on wanting to listen and I didn't want them to leave.  It was seriously such a neat experience.
 
Anyways that was friday night and Saturday we all met in Banfield (a church building by the mission home) and then headed to the stadium of independiente (soccer team here).  There we got ready for the big cultural event.  I got to talk to Mike Mclaws a lot too we talked pretty much the whole time.  We got to catch up on everything and share all the stories we have experienced here.  Its always nice talking from a kid from home.  I also talked to Elder Griffin a lot and I saw a ton of my old friends from the MTC.  They are from the Buenos Aires North mission and I haven't seen them since I have left the MTC so it was good catching up with them.  One had been in Tierra del Fuego basically on the bottom of the world.  It was good catching up with everyone.  Then for the cultural event there was a ton of dances going on, they were all the dances from Argentina.  It was pretty neat to see and then in the end all 600 of us missionaries entered the field singing "Called to Serve" or I guess "Llamados a servir" in spanish.  It was super neat.  I felt like an army walking onto the big soccer stadium.  I hope you guys will be able to see it sometime.  It was an experience I won't forget.  So cool. 
 
Then Sunday morning we got to go listen to the redidication of the Buenos Aires temple.  We met in the stake center at 9:00 and went and listened.  We were all pretty sleepy but still it was so awesome!  It was cool seeing the speakers all in white talking and everything.  I am so excited for General Conference so I can here more talks from the General Authorities.  It was a nice ending to all of the temple stuff going on.  I am so glad I got to be apart of all of this.  There was actually quite a lot of missionaries that extened their missions just to be apart of all of this.  I hope you will be able to watch it sometime.
 
Anyways after all of this excitment my companion and I were pretty dead.  And so for our P day we took a little siesta this afternoon. haha It was well needed.  Also we had to clean our pensions really good today so I got clean off all the mold out of the shower..  Its so humid here so mold grows so fast everywhere.  Its kind of gross to be honest.  Also today I found frosted flakes cereal and Ramen Noodle!! I was so pumped!!!  I can't wait to eat them.  I miss American food sometimes and that pot roast you guys ate sunday sounded really good. haha 
 
Well thanks for everything guys.  I better go but thanks for everything and all the support!!  You guys are the best!!!  I love you guys more than you can imagine!!  Les Extraño un mónton!   Take care and I will talk to you next week! :D
 
con amor x 86 zillion,
Elder Peck

No comments:

Post a Comment