Tuesday, July 23, 2013

August 13, 2012 - Still Alive!

Mom and Dad!
 
Hey guys! Thanks for your letter! And I hope you are feeling a lot better.  Thats to bad that the gun show wasn't very good but I bet it was a fun trip anyways.  You guys are the best.  For real!! 
 
Well this week was super crazy for us.  It was kind of a tough week but its alright sometimes its like that.  This last wednesday we met as a zone which is always cool seeing everyone and then we did entercambios again and I went with the kid from Guatemala. We had a pretty good time.  I love switching things up and working with different missionaries because sometimes it gets kind of boring with the same person 24/7.  We had a good time with some good lessons which is always kind of fun.  The more I learn spanish the more fun it is to teach.  But yeah after entercambios the next day my companion was kind of grumpy and it was kind of difficult but luckily we did divisions so I went with a 18 year old kid from our ward.  I like teaching with the youth from our ward because they are all studs and always willing to help out.  The always call me "Gran Peck."  Its pretty funny.
 
Anyways this last friday I got to go to the temple!  I feel bad because every week I mean to tell you about whats going on with the temple here but I always forget!!  But this next month President Eyring and I think Elder Cristofferson are coming to dedicate the temple.  Anyways right now it is the open house and so we got to go see it with the people we are teaching here.  And oh my gosh the temple is sooooo beautiful.  It is the nicest temple I have ever been too.  You guys should look up some pictures of it if you can.  It felt soo good to go in the temple and I could just feel the spirit so strong in there.  I am hoping we will be able to go through after it is dedicated.  That will be awesome.  Anyways over the past few months all the stakes have been getting ready for the rededication ceremony thing and they have been practicing their folklore dance or something.  But the cool thing is the missionaries are going to be part of the ceremony as well.  Its going to be held in a big soccer stadium and all the missionaries from the Buenos aires north, west and south missions get to be apart of it!  We are going to sing called to serve in spanish and maybe some other things I think.  We are all super excited.  So if you get a chance to watch it you should because you might see me!!  probably not but you never know.  Also we are going to meet with the other missions and President Eyring is going to talk to us I believe.  Anyways we are all super excited for everything.  Its all going to happen in the first part of september.  I will keep you all filled in.
 
Also this last Saturday we had a "noche de cine" movie night but it didn't go so well because it rained sooo hard off and on all day and so a lot of people couldn't come.  But we watched the Joseph smith movie and it was soo awesome! I have seen it a lot but I really enjoyed it.  I have been reading a lot about the church history lately so I understood a lot more as well.  I also read about Martin Horton Peck from the paper you guys sent me back in the MTC.  Its really cool to read about his story and everything.  So we are like direct decendents from him?? 
 
Well I better go but I love and miss you guys a lot!! You are the best!! Also fun fact I ate some cow lung the other week and my companion didn't tell me until a few days later. I tasted alright haha.  Anyways love you guys and take care!! :D
 
con amor x 78 zillion,
 
Elder Peck

No comments:

Post a Comment