Tuesday, July 23, 2013

April 29, 2013 - Week 2 of Alejandro Korn

Hey Mom and Dad!!

I hope you guys are doing good!  Dad I hope all is well with your finals.  Finals were so stressfull but so nice when i finished.  Thats to bad you were feeling sick throughout all of that.  I actually have been sick like all week which has been kind of a pain.  I am feeling back to normal basically though.  I hate being sick soo bad.  Its the worst.

Thats cool Kiera is going to Arizona!! We´ll be close then and she will be able to go back and see everyone in her mission easily.  Thats the only bad thing about going foreign.  She´ll do good there. When does she leave?  I probably won´t see her for like 3 years or so.  

Things are going pretty good here in my new area.  Its always kind of weird starting a new area and learning all of the streets and the people´s names and stuff.  My area is like super countryside compared to my other areas.  I like it here.  Its so much more relaxed compared to my other areas.  Its a sleep little town.  There is this place where we have been going where its like a huge open field where people have just gone and put up shacks basically to live on. I want to take a picture of it.  Its pretty crazy.  Like my room would be like their house basically.  Its pretty crazy and humbling to see.  Like yesterday we went and taught a lesson in one of the house and it was a dirt floor.  The funny thing is though is that a ton of the shacks have direct TV.  Its kind of funny.  

But yeah things are kind of crazy right now and I am just trying to figure everything out.  My companion goes home in 5 weeks which is kind of wierd for me because he doesn´t seem that much older than me in the mission.   He´s a cool guys though and he´s from the san diego area I think.  Like between L.A. and san diego.  I love san diego so much.  Anyways we are working really hard and we found a lot of people.  Its kind of weird to have a companion older than me because the last like 6 transfers I have been the oldest.  Its cool teaching with him because he has a lot of experience too.  

Yesterday was my first day in church and I had to introduce myself for everyone in sacrement meeting but there wasn´t really a lot of people because it rained.  When it rains like everyone just stays inside.  Its kind of annoying. But church was good and after we had lunch with the bishop.  He seems like a really cool guy.  Also my old companion Elder Inostroza from chile was in this area so people have talked about him too.  

To be honest it was kind of a crazy week and I kind of missed my old area but at the same time I am glad to be here to start over new.  I was getting really comfortable in my last area. In 5 weeks when my companion leaves I am going to have to take over the area and everything which is kind of stressfull but its all good.  

Also I am kind of running low on money and I was wondering if you could lend me some and then I can pay you back after.  But please let me pay you back.  I should be good for a bit though.

For mother´s day we are thinking about calling at 5:00 argentine time but we can change it.  What time do you have church at??  When will you be able to?

Also I am going to be writing in the mornings for now on so if you guys write late I am probably not going to get it until the new week.  Well I better take off but I love you guys sooo much!!!  I will talk to you soon!!  :D

con amor x 152 zillion,

Elder Peck

No comments:

Post a Comment