Monday, May 14, 2012

April 16, 2012 - Week number 26...


Mom and Dad!!

Also thats awesome that return missionary talked in church! I always loved listening to return missionaries.  It was always cool to see how they changed and everything.  Taiwan would be quite the mission especially with that language.  I can´t even imagine.  So how is Uncle Brads fish and chips doing??  Is he still doing that? Hes down with learn key then? What happened there??
 
Well this week was a pretty good week I suppose.  We finally got water and light on thursday.  You really don´t appreciate that stuff until you don´t have it.  It is so nice to have water!  It kind of felt like camping again.  My apartment is pretty nice though compared to my last place thats for sure.  I want to send pictures to ya but I don´t know when I will be able to.  Also this saturday we had 2 baptisms!!!  The girl I invited to be baptized a few weeks ago named Florencia and an 10 year old boy name Laureano.  Laureano´s dad isn´t a member but only because he is trying to get divorced from his old wife.  But he seriously is so inspiring.  He is trying so hard and has been trying to get divorced for awhile.  I wish you could meet him.  Really he is so cool.  He gave a talk at the baptism and just cried. I just love seeing what the Gospel does to people.  It is so inspiring.  I wish you could meet them so bad but even if you did you wouldn´t be able to talk to them.  haha Thats the sad part.  But yeah we had 2 special baptisms this week which I was pretty excited about.  It makes everything worth it.
 
 Also this week I have been working on fixing my suitcase.  I don´t know if you remember but the handle broke last transfer.  It was the part with the mechanism and everything.  There was a part stuck in the little tube and after working on it off and on when I had a few minutes I finally got it out.  Then I got some epoky stuff to glue and duck tape and got it all fixed! I was pretty happy.  I just hope it lasts! I Think it will though.  Transfers are this monday so we´ll see what happens.  Its always nerve racking but I am excited to see what happens.  So next email you will find out I guess!!!  And by the way this Thurday will be my 6 month mark in the mission! Can you believe it?? The first marker!  Its like running the 1 mile race and finishing the first lap!  Now just 3 more to go. haha  I think I am going to burn a paper tie instead of a real tie because I don´t have any I want to burn!  I let you know what happens next week.  Well I love you guys so much and I hope everything is going well! Thank you sooooooo much for all of the love and support!  I couldn´t ask for a better family!  Love you guys!!
 
Con Amor X 40 zillion
Elder Luke Scott Peck

No comments:

Post a Comment