Monday, May 14, 2012

March 19, 2012

Today is my 5 month mark! Can you believe it? Another month! time is so weird on the mission. I can´t even describe it.  It feels like I have a ton of time left though.  Its alright though.
Now this week has been a pretty crazy week.  It seems like when there is change or something hard going on I think about you guys a lot. I thought about you guys a lot this week! I always have dreams that I am with you guys and I am about to leave on my mission and then I wake up and realize I have been gone for 5 months already! Its kind of hard sometimes. But its all good.  My new companion luckily likes to work which i was worried about. So thats good.  I haven´t had too much trouble with him yet.  He only speaks spanish.  He is really helping me with my spanish which is good.  for the past week I have basically only spoken in spanish.  He has me teach a lot too which is helping me but really intimidating at times because its really hard to teach let alone in spanish.  but its getting easier.  I am feeling more and more comfortable in my new area.  My new area is a lot more city and I´m actually pretty close to Buenos aires the city.  So there is a lot of city.  I like it.  It is more dangerous than Luis guillon but I´ll be safe.  There is always a lot of people in the streets though its kind of different except by our apartment.  Its pretty nice where are apartment is I think.  the apartment is super nice compared to the one luis guillon.  bigger too.  sorry my grammer and stuff is so bad this stupid keyboard is hard to type on..Anyways if you have any questions let me know about the area!
Yesterday we taught this guy after lunch with him and he UFC on the tv.  Oh man was it hard not to look.  for real.  I saw who was fighting and it was rich franklin Vs Forest griffin.  I wanted to watch it so bad but I resisted luckily.  He is a super chill guy.
But just know that everything is going good hear.  I had to bear my testimony in church yesterday without any warning which is always fun. It was okay though.  But yeah I´m getting more and more comfortable here it my area. I think I am going to learn a lot in the next 5 weeks.  
Well I love you mom and dad! Please know I think about you guys everyday and please know how much I love you guys! You guys are the best parents in the whole wide world!!! Keep on being awesome! :)
con amor X 30 zillion
Elder Peck

1 comment:

  1. I believe the best way of leanring a language is being actually there and talk to natives all day long. That is how I learned Spanish. I travelled to Argentina, because it is the country with a very similar culture to the US (because they are mostly
    European) and I started the process of studying. I got furnished apartments in buenos aires with an Argentine roommate and we used to talk everyday in Spanish. Now I can say I have an advanced level!!

    ReplyDelete