Monday, May 14, 2012

April 9, 2012 - Wow what a week!!!!!


Dear Mom and Dad,
I am so happy that Little Louiston Russell Peck is born!!!! How awesome! He is the cutest baby ever.  When I see him he will be walking and maybe even talking a little bit.  Isn´t that crazy?  I wish I could see him!!  I am so happy he is healthy and Heather too. I wish I could call Mike and Heather and tell them congrats but I guess an email will suffice.
 
Also thanks so much for sending that package! I am so excited for it! Sorry for all of that work to put you through to do all of that. I really appreciate it!!!  I am so pumped for it.  
 
Now for my crazy week here!  Well some funny news a member in my branch gave me a video call "Mi nombre es Peck" Or "My name is Peck" haha its about a boy named Michael Peck! haha  When I get home we can watch it but I thought it was pretty funny.  Everytime I see her I say Mi nombre es Peck.  Also Yesterday we had a baptism for an 8 year old boy we have been teaching. It was pretty neat and a lot of family were there.  We have been teaching him for a while so it was good to see him get baptized.  Hopefully next week we will have even more baptisms too!  Also one interesting thing I learned is that some people here think we are spies and when we were walking in the street one guy yelled Espies or spies to us! haha It makes me laugh.  It guess it would be kind of weird to see a chileano and an American walking together.  They don´t really like Americans or Chileanos.
 
Now for the crazy part...Well Thursday morning we woke up and it was a little cloudy and overcast but nothing to out of the normal.  And so we have a pretty normal day and we are teaching this girl at our house with her family and a member and a huge storm hits.  Like bad!  Bad enough were I am like I really don´t want to go outside.  It seriously looked like a hurricane or something.  The trees were moving like crazy, it was dark, tons and tons of rain, and super super windy.  Then the power went out and it lasted for like an hour.  It was a way violent storm.  And so we left and got home and come to find out it was like a tornado, hurricane, monsoon, or something I don´t really know but a ton of our area is without light right now and we can´t go into it at night.  And actually we haven´t had power or water since thursday either which is horrible.  Its just our apartment too on our block! Who knows how much longer its going to be until we have water and electricity too..  Its annoying.  I don´t mind not having electricity but without water is horrible.  We have to shower at other missionary´s pensions.  Its pretty annoying!  But this storm took down so many powerlines and knocked over trees into houses.  It has been pretty rough on a lot of houses here.  And actually my district leader was like in the middle of the tornado and like almost died, if a bus hadn´t picked them up they would be in bad shape right now I think.  He told me their area is like destroyed way way bad.  Its crazy thats for sure.
 
And so its been kind of annoying not having water or power.  The other night my companion wanted to go teach someone in the area without light and I told him I don´t want to go in there because its super dangerous and plus our President said not to go into areas without light.  He was pretty mad at me and kind of went off on me.  I don´t care though I am not going to be stupid.   That area is a little sketchy even with light!  Íts pretty nuts here at times. haha  Gotta love it though! Always on my toes.  But really its not too crazy and I am doing just fine so no worries!!  So this week has been kind of out of the ordinary!!! 
 
Well I love and miss you guys like crazy! You are the best family in the world! I love showing them pictures of you guys and they are always like your parents are soo young!  Your mom is really pretty and your dad is hansome! I am always like yeah they are the best!!  Well mom and Dad I love you guys like crazy!!  Thanks so much for all of your love and support!!!  Keep on being awesome!!!!  Until next week!!! Tengan un buen día!!
 
Con amor X 36 zillion
 
Elder Luke S. Peck

1 comment:

  1. You should never underestimate the power of a real nice Autum storm in Argentina. I loved it when it happened. The whole city went greay, the sky looked like as if it was going to fall down and the smell of the leaves was nice. I had decided to rent apartments in buenos aires with huge windows, so the view was spectacular!

    ReplyDelete