Monday, May 14, 2012

March 5, 2012 - Hello mom and Dad!


Padres!!!
It sounds like you guys had quite the week with Jacob´s baptism!!  Thats so awesome!  I wish so bad I could have been there.  I love when all of our family is together!  That seems like forever that we had my farewell with everyone! Thats too bad about my car being messed up.  Its alright though.  I haven´t driven a car in over 4 and half months! How weird.  Hopefully I´ll remember when I get back.
 
Well this week has been a pretty good week! I went to this place called Constitution to see if we could buy these cards called "Sube Cards"  basically we need it for the busses but they are super hard to get especially being a foreigner.  We have tried for weeks any way we could.  But still no luck there.  But it was a super cool place with huge ceilings and everything.  There was thousands of people trying to get the sube cards.  We never were able to get them. Oh well it was a nice trip.
 
This week I have been feeling like crap.  My companion says you will feel like crap the whole mission. haha I don´t know what is normal really.  But I feel fine now I think.  So no worries!  But some exciting news we had 2 baptisms Saturday!  It was so cool!  They were 2 kids 10 and 8 years old.  They are so funny. Their mom has been a member for a long time but super inactive until we got her back to church.  She is super nice and likes going to church.  She just had a baby last monday too!  It was cool.  Her name is Griselda.  She has a cool accent.  Her husband isn´t a member and smokes a lot but was super supportive about his sons getting baptized.  They were way excited to be baptized.  Lucio the youngest one yelled out the car window when we driving to the baptism, "I´m getting to be baptized!"  It was so funny.  The older one´s name is Franco.  We were pretty excited for them.  I´ll try and send some pictures.  They are so funny!  Then this Wednesday we are going to the wedding of one of our investagators which will be cool!  We plan on baptizing them next week.  Hopefully all goes to plan!  They are super cool.  They gave us wedding invitations and everything.
 
Today for P day we played a little basketball in my area with some other areas which was fun.  It was sunny and pretty hot and then we went into the church for a little bit and came out and it was stormy and then we were waiting for the bus to go to a town called Monte Grande and its started pouring!  It was crazy.  Then it settled down by  the time we got to Monte Grande.  We met some other Elders there and went to this place called "Buen Comer"  to go eat.  It is super nice!  Like way nice for Argentina.  It was all we could eat too! It was soo good!  The meat was amazing.  We only saw one cocaroach haha  But it started pouring and rain was leaking from the ceiling a little bit.  haha Gotta love it!  I ate so much.  Then we went outside and it started pouring so hard.  We made it to this little over hang thing and waited for it to pass but it wouldn´t stop so we ran for it and we got drenched! Litterally it was like I jumped in a pool almost.  haha It was so funny!  It was kind of fun actually but a little cold. haha
 
Well next Monday is transfers so I may or may not be leaving Luis Guillon so we will see what happens.  I think my companion will be staying there but we don´t know for sure.  We will just have to see what happens!  I am a little nervous but its alright.  Well Mom and Dad I hope you guys are still doing good!  Love ya guys a ton!  I think about you guys everyday!!  Thanks again for all the support. I can feel your guys love 6,000 miles away!  Hasta Luego! :D
 
Con amor X 23 zillion!
 
Elder Peck

No comments:

Post a Comment