Monday, May 14, 2012

January 9, 2012 - Still alive and well!

Hey mom and dad!!!
Hey it was nice to hear from ya dad!  Thanks for the awesome letter!
............................................................................There is seriously so many dogs here.  I walk past them all day long.  They bark but I haven´t had any problems with them yet.
Anyways some of my experiences this week were I got to go on intercambiars which are when we switch companions and I get to spend a night in their pension and go to their area.  I went with an Elder from Utah going home at the end of this month.  His name is Elder Jackman.  He´s a stud and we had an awesome time.  He even gave me a haircut...It will do I ´m not trying to impress any girls so its all good.  But as we were teaching the lady starts nursing her kid in front of us!  I guess its really common here.  I knew it was bound to happen soon. Oh well.  But their pension was pretty sweet and I liked it a lot.  We stayed up talking for a long time.  The problem was my stomach hurt pretty bad off and on.  Basically he told me my stomach will hurt more than it feels good here. But right now I feel fine so no worries here.  I think my companion might have a parasite or something though from his last area.  he said he has lost a lot of weight and stuff.  Oh this week I woke up and I was saying my prayers and there was a cacaroach on my ear!!  It was so gross!!  It doesn´t surprise me.  But seriously this place is so awesome! I just love the people here!  We are going to baptize this really sweet lady named Alejandra who is actually the aunt of Walter who we baptized a few weeks ago.  she was really unsure at first because she was a catholic but she prayed about the book of mormon and recieved her answer and finally committed to a baptismal date!  She is loving it though I think.  She has been coming to church and the members are really nice to her.  It seriously is so awesome!!  I´m really excited for her.  We have a lot of people we are trying to teach here but that is our next baptism.  But yeah its really really hot here.  Its like st. george except I´m walking everywhere in it in my shirt and tie.  We walk so many miles a day but I like walking so its kinda fun.  Me and my companion get along really well so that is definitely a plus.  We laugh a lot.  I´m still struggling with the language but its all good!  With time it will come I´m sure.  Oh last p-day I went to mcdonalds down here!!!  It was like 30-35 pasos! It was good though.  All they had was hamburgers.  I´m going to try and send you some pictures if I can right so I better go but I love you guys so much and think about you everyday and wonder what you are doing.  Just know home much I love you!!  Don´t ever take church for granted it is so important!  Our biggest struggle is getting people to just go to church!  I´m so glad you guys are so strong in the church.  I really am.  Sometimes I wonder how I got so lucky to have such great parents as you guys.  Anyways take care and I´ll talk to ya in a week!!!
con amor(X 3zillion),
-Elder Peck

No comments:

Post a Comment